If you want to find TRUE answers to your questions about outdoor wood burning furnaces and water boilers, you’ve come to the right place. We won’t tell you that your wood will burn for 92 hours or that you can put your furnace 500 feet away!
Hyprotherm Manufacturing LLC is family run business (privately held – no big corporations), located in North Arkansas (10 miles from MO) and know all about cold temperatures. We sell many furnaces in Canada, Alaska and Europe in dreadfully cold places like Romania!
One of the reasons our prices are so low is because we are filling a need; for everyone to have an outdoor furnace, that wants one.
- Our labor rates are low, here in Arkansas and we pass those savings on to you!
- Our advertising is only $300 a month – unlike others who spend tens of thousands of dollars on one full-page color ad. You pay for that!
- We use all off-the-shelf part where possible. That means that they cost less money. We don’t use expensive circuit boards or computerized parts. That means less expense for you (and simpler too).
- No one is looking to get rich off of these furnaces. In fact some other manufactures put there furnaces on sale, lowering their prices by MORE than we even make on a furnace!
We have a simpler, nicer looking furnace that’s made to stand the test of time. We use our own tried and true SIMPLE 39 year old design and based out forced-air furnace on the same firebox design (3/8″ thick), energy saving/wood saving chimney design, grates, ash receptacle, draft fan, front safety door and ash receptacle door designs. This is the same furnace we were building in 1972 without changing our prices by using cheaper materials or giving sloppy craftsmanship.
We HAVE made improvements to the furnaces over time – and STILL have the lowest prices!
We believe we have the best outdoor wood furnace – and certainly the best price by far.
Simply look at the shear weight of out furnaces and you will discover that we use the most metal and have the thickest firebox of all.
We heat our manufacturing facility with an older Pro Series 340 Water Model. The owner, also heats his own 5,000 sq ft home, hot water and hot tub with the Hyprotherm Outdoor Wood Furnace.
- Most of our parts are off-the-shelf parts.
- The chance of carbon monoxide build-up in your home is eliminated.
- Smoke in your home is eliminated.
- The chance of a gas explosion from your furnace in your home is eliminated.
- Indoor pollutants of harmful gases and fumes are eliminated.
- Asthma and other breathing difficulties are greatly helped by eliminating the dry air, fumes and gases.
- Eliminates the chance of chimney and flu fires from your furnace.
- Lower insurance rates are usually possible!
- Put the wood pile beside your outdoor furnace, so you don’t have to carry it inside!
The Hyprotherm furnace removes the fire hazard from your home or building because all of the burning and stoking takes place outside. Insurance companies love these furnaces. Often lower rates or higher coverage can be had by changing from a fireplace or indoor wood stove to an outside wood furnace.
An outdoor wood furnace also helps your indoor air quality and can alleviate respiratory and allergy problems caused by burning wood indoors. No more dark sooty walls and bugs either! Thermostatic control provides your home with even, steady heat.
The house will be less drafty when heating with the outside boiler, because there is no combustion device operating inside drawing in cold outside air to replace that used in combustion.
Current owners of the Hyprotherm Furnace are also using up to 25 to 50 percent less wood compared to other heating alternatives. Since the Hyprotherm can burn larger and longer pieces of wood (up to 5 1/2 feet on many models!) it will dramatically reduce time spent preparing the wood. NO SPLITTING is needed!
Costs for large round timbers are also dramatically less than for smaller split wood. You can get this type of wood for $70-90 a cord compared to $120-140 a cord.
The Hyprotherm Wood Furnace means easy maintenance and few parts requiring service. You don’t need costly electrical gadgets, like Smart Phone hook-op and other complications to cause problems down the road. This is a proven design of over 45 years!
“KEEP IT SIMPLE and efficient”, is our 4 decades old motto.
YES but only the Hyprotherm water BOILER can heat your domestic hot water.
Only a forced air WATER-LESS furnace inside your home, can be used – WHICH WE HAVE! No boilers or radiant floor heating systems can be hooked up. However, you can add ductwork to any building (or not even use any ductwork) to heat a building.
We can even help you if you don’t have any heating system now!
You can simply run a supply and return into any two rooms of your home (one to each). It is better to use rooms at opposite end or corners of the home for better air flow and more even heat.
It is a safe and efficient way to heat your home with wood. The Hyprotherm outside wood burning furnace is designed to look like an attractive storage building and is installed outside, away from the home or building being heated.
Having an outdoor wood fired furnace eliminates smoke, pollution, bugs and wood debris within the house. What used to be a water chamber, is now an air chamber, surrounding the huge furnace firebox and the heat is transferred from the wood fire to the air surrounding the firebox.. Once the air temperature hits 110F, the big furnace fan that comes on the our furnace, turn ons and blows hot air into your home, into your existing ductwork. The temperature is controlled by a thermostat in your home. We have seen air temperature coming from our furnace at 170 F, very similar to an oil or gas furnace output. NO NEED for a heat exchanger.